Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Up and close with Jason Willemse

It's been a while since I did an interview for yall. And this time I got the new hunk on the block, Jason Willemse who plays Cameron on Scandal. Born and raised in a small town caled Ladismith, in the Western Cape, Jase is sure one to look out for.

What inspired your love for acting?
I want to make a difference and inspire people with our own stories in South Africa.

How did you get involved in the acting industry?
I studied in Cape Town Drama at Northlink College which was a link to Tshwane University of Technology where I was one of seven students out of 40 to be chosen to further their studies in Pretoria in Drama.

Do you miss Cape Town?
Just my family mostly, but I have been in Johannesburg ever since and I love the City of Jozi.

What is it that you love about Jozi?
The people here are very friendly, the pace, buildings and it is a city where dreams come true.

Getting the role of Cameron on Scandal, How did that change your career?
I have done a lot of acting stuff before but the role of Cameron has given me more exposure and it also helped put my name out there cause it it my first big break.

What was your reaction upon receiving the news that you got the role?
I was very happy and I burst into tears.

Which actors do you look up to?
I look up to actors such as John  Kani who is a legend in South African Theatre and Television, also newer zctors like Sharlto Copley from the movie District 9  and the A-Team.

Have you ever done Theatre? 
I come from a theatre background so it is in my blood. I have studied the craft at Northlink College and TUT doing shows almost all the theatres in Pretoria. I have done a lot of Children's theatre also. Around the country all over.

What aspects would you like to improve as an actor?
That is a difficult question to answer but the best way for me to say is one must always improve all the time in our craft.

How is Cameron similar to  Jason?
We both nerds [laughs]. We like reading and thinking stuff over.

With Scandal, do you think you have matured as an actor?
Yes I have matured a lot. It has made me a better and more well groomed actor.

Learnt any lessons while at Scandal thus far?
I love "Scandal."

What motto do you live by?
Be humble and thank God for my blessings.

I'm sure the ladies want to know, is Jason taken?
[laughs] yes I'm taken. Getting engaged next month to my beautiful Queen.

What advice would you give to upcoming actors?
Be humble and stay grounded. Surround yourself with positive friends.

How can people get hold of you?
Twitter: @Jason1Willemse and on Facebook it's Jason Willemse. And I recently joined the instagram family also where you can find me @Jason1Willemse. For bookings: Jason1Willemse@gmail.com

Phresh Ent | Mclushian | Twitter | Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?

 
back to top