Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Up and Close with Tino

He is a young aspiring artist all the way from KZN, His name is Tino. We always bring you young and fresh talent well read our interview with the young star.

Who is Tino?
Valentino is a 24 year old from New Castle. Born and raised by two parents. Started my primary at Blackbank and went to Thathunyawo High school where I finished my matric in 2007.

How did your love for Hip Hop come about?
Well I started following hip hop in 2002 back in the days. I used to watch Busta Rhymes most of the time, that's where I fell inlove with Hip Hop. Since then it's been an open road.

You were the lead singer for a Durban based Hip Hop crew, Black Swagg, tell me about that
I started Black Swagg with a friend of mine but she had other plans so I continued alone and recruited dancers and it was fun and also a big responsibility because I had to take care of the guys and listen to what ever they had to say, but we had lots of fun and growth as artists. One of them being Headlining shows. It was amazing.

How would you describe your music style?
Its out of this world, Hip Hop mixed with electro.

What plans do you have for 2013?
To have a hit album and a tour.

You collaborated with Funk Fresh Entertainment Crew, How was the experience? 
I did a mix-tape with them and it was hella good. Mostly because I had two people who were challenging me as an artist.

Who do you look up to?
I look up to a lot of people but mostly it's people who are doing what they want and breaking rules in what they do like Dj Sbu.

What has been the biggest highlight of your career thus far?
It was performing along side Zakes Batwini last year on Miss Thekwini.

What is your motto?
Keeping a straight head and doing what I really enjoy

Who would you like to work with?
Definitely Khuli Chana

Besides rapping, what else do you do?
Modelling

Mzansi watch out for Tino

You can follow Tino on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Love this blog its honest nd on point

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely something to look forward to.... Goooo Tino!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he is definitely out of this world... I'm behind him.. Love you tino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tino can I have ur BBM pin? Omg he is so hot

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE LOVE VALENTINO! Keep it up boy! And to Lushian, the blog looks GREAT.

    Lelo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this guy is so cute and he's from my hood. shout out to NN

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts?

 
back to top